I need a proper lightbox. Now there are plenty of lightboxes out there that should satisfy my needs, but I could not find the perfect fit. My ‘demands’ are as follows:
- Flawless (X)HTML, also the generated code
- Can be used to display images, partial HTML, hidden content from same page, iframes (for form processing) and request contents with AJAX.
- auto adjust size to contents, unless overruled by settings.
- Easily styled through external CSS (I do not want to apply styles using JS)
- Can group images into sets and navigate through them
- Stacking of boxes (open lightbox from within a lightbox)
- jQuery may be used, but no other library (as it is already available in this specific project)